ERNAKULAM BRANCH OF SIRC of ICAI
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No. XXXVIII of 1949) for the Regulation of the Profession of Chartered Accountants in India .
Ernakulam Branch of SIRC of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India established on 1st December 1967, the branch has its own premises in Diwan’s Road, Ernakulam, the first branch in India have its own premises. The Third largest branch in South India, it has about 1500 Chartered Accountants as its members and over 3000 CA Students pursuing studies at different stages. The branch is recognized to be one of the most prominent and active branches under the Southern India Regional Council (SIRC) of the Institute. The following are some of the recognitions conferred on the branch over the years
- All India Best Branch of the Institute : 1986,2007 &2008
- Best Branch Award of SIRC : 1985,2005
- Most Active Branch of SIRC : 1994
- Commendation Award of SIRC : 1995
- Highly commended performance certificate : 1999 to 2003 & 2009
- Active Branch Award : 1996 to 1999
- SICASA (Southern India Chartered
Accountants Students Association) Best
Branch Award : 1999 to 2009
Ernakulam being one of the Decentralised branches under SIRC, facilities are available at the branch to register for Common Proficiency Test (CPT – CA Entrance Exam) and IPCC, to avail and submit application forms for IPCC and Final exams and other student services.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE AT THE BRANCH
- Office, located in the center of Ernakulam City, easily accessible by road and rail.
- Contact and Information facilities available by telephones, e-mail, fax and website.
- Regular Coaching Classes and Intensive Revision Classes, including special classes by Faculty from Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Coimbatore.
- Fully furnished class rooms with modern audio-visual study aids like LCD, OHP etc.
- Air conditioned Auditorium and Conference Hall.
- Well stocked and fully furnished Library and Reading room
- Modernized and air conditioned Computer Center with full time faculty to run the Information Technology Training (ITT) Course.
- State wise Store Point And Sales Counter, providing Institute’s publications, study material, suggested answers to the questions of the Institute exams, Revision Test Papers, Prospectus cum application forms of CPT, IPCC and Final Courses.
COURSES RUN IN THE BRANCH
- Common Proficiency Test (CPT – CA Entrance Exam)
- 5 months duration, conducted twice a year, starting by the middle of April and October
- 2 months short term course, starting in April & October.
- Only those registered for CPT will be admitted.
- Classes only on Saturdays & Sundays from 9.00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Model Exams are held at the end of the course.
- Professional Competency Course (PCC – Formerly CA Inter/PE-II)
- 2 courses a year, starting in April and October – duration 9 months.
- Classes are meant for students doing articleship of CA
- Class timings are from 7.15 a.m. to 9.15 a.m. from Monday to Saturday
- First Assessment Tests after 4 months and Final Model Exams after the course.
- Integrated Professional Competency Course (IPCC)
- 2 courses a year starting in February and August.
- Classes for Group I and Group II conducted separately.
- Duration for Group I is 4 months (400 hrs ) and for Group II 2.5 months (250 hrs )
- Class timings are from 7.30 a.m. to 1 p.m. (with half an hour break) from Monday to Friday .
- Facility will be provided for Orientation Programme and Information Technology Training (ITT).
- Separate fees to be paid for IPCC Group I, Group II, Orientation & ITT.
- CA FINAL- Regular Coaching Classes
- Coaching classes of 10 months duration, conducted twice a year starting in April & October.
- Classes are from 7.15 a.m. to 9.15 a.m. from Monday to Friday and Saturday from 8.00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- SICASA organized Classes.
- Special Coaching Classes and Intensive revision classes are organized by SICASA.
- Faculty from Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Coimbatore
- Classes are about two month’s prior to Institute’s Examinations.
- Information Technology Training (ITT)
- 20 days (100 hrs) course starting in the beginning of every month.
- Meant for Students doing CA articleship
- GMCS (General Management and Communication Skills)
- 3 weeks soft skill and personality development course meant for the newly qualified Chartered Accountants and students who have written the Final Exams.
- Mandatory for registering as Chartered Accountant.
- Expert Faculty drawn from various specialized fields of Management, Human Resource Development, Communication Skills, Personality Enrichment etc.
- Attended by students not only from Kerala but also from neighbouring states.
- Campus Recruitment Orientation Programme
- Orientation programme prior to campus recruitment of newly qualified Chartered Accountants, twice a year.
- Aims at conditioning the students to the demanding atmosphere of the modern interview modes of Multi National Companies.